Recirculation Aquaculture Systems (R.A.S.)
Recirculation Aquaculture System
Indoor Recirculation Aquaculture System are land-based fish farms, which allows all year round control and delivery of fish. Whether the facility will use fresh water, brackish or a marine water, an R.A.S works on the same principles. The system can achieve optimal temperature and optimal and stable production all year round, independent of seasonal variation, location, climate and environment.
Advantages of Recirculation aquaculture systems
- Stable production of high quality fish, 365 days a year
- Low water requirement .
- High production of quality fish on a relatively small area.
- Reduced risk of diseases.
- Low mortality rates.
- Continuous control
- No environmental influences
- Intake and effluent reducing to the minimum.
- Treatment of discharge water
disadvantages of Recirculation aquaculture systems
- Depending on regular power supply and control.
- Start-up capital for building, technical installation and running cost
HESY Aquaculture has technical and biological experience of intensive production facilities of more than 20 different kinds of warm and cold fresh- and saltwater fish species like:
|Fresh water||Salt water|
|Murray Cod||Yellowtail Kingfish|